Title

Category

SupportForums

← All Discussions

New Insync version 1.0.25

Marte S.

Posted 1385558184 (Edited 1389354167)
Changelog: 1.0.25

Added an option in the context menu to set and copy “private link”. This will set the file to “anyone with a link” permission.
Symlink to network drive issue - if any of the syncing locations is missing, Insync would throw an error and pause syncing the corresponding account. After you’ve restored the folder, you need to choose “Resume syncing” under the “Actions required” menu option.
Implemented the authorize option - In case you’ve accidently revoked Insync’s access, you can sign in again and the OAuth token will be refreshed.
Windows: The borderless dialogs can now be dragged using mouse
Linux: Fixed invalid cross-device link error when moving a file in Drive to another folder that is actually in a different filesystem in the local computer.
Linux: Add entry in /etc/sysctl.conf to increase inotify watches during install.
Linux: Don't reset the umask when daemonizing.
Linux: Poll unmounted base paths and wait for them to be remounted.
Linux: In headless mode, check first if an account was already added before printing steps to add an account.

Windows
Mac
Ubuntu: 64 bit, 32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Debian: 64 bit, 32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Fedora: 64 bit, 32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Portable: 64 bit, 32 bit

Please help test.

Arthur B.

Posted 1385701786
Hi guys,

I just got v1.0.25 pushed to my Linux machine, but I had to search this forum to find the change log. The application does have a change log item (insync -> support -> what's new), but it shows the change log of 1.0.22.

Can you please update the change log in every release?

Regards,
Arthur.

Luis P.

Posted 1385706332
Hi Arthur.

Our apologies, we forgot to update it for the previous releases. We'll do it for 1.0.26.

Colin K.

Posted 1385822704 (Edited 1385824187)
I posted a bug discussion thread about this: https://support.insynchq.com/forums/discussion/2419/in-linux-insync-1-0-25-is-not-restricting-sync-to-the-specified-folder

I updated to 1.0.25 last night. When I turned on my computer this morning, it began syncing hundreds (growing to thousands) of supposedly changed files. I quit insync and deleted the new stuff it put on Google Drive. I restarted insync and paused the sync. I only have one Google Account in insync and the settings still correctly show:

Google Drive Folder Name: Google Drive
Google Drive Folder Location: /home/colin

I think it's trying to sync my entire home directory instead of just the Google Drive folder in my home directory. The Google Drive folder just contains symlinks to select folders on my computer.

Although I recently got 1TB on Google Drive so that it would be possible to sync my entire home directory, I don't want to do that!

How do I report bugs, or should I make this a separate post?

Luis A.

Posted 1386092910
I think there may be an issue with the Symlink to network drive fix that is mentionned in the 1.0.25 changelog. I have a file that is now in this state (not on a networked drive) so syncing is paused. I tried moving the source directory out of the syncing folder and resuming, deleting the folder in google drive web view, etc.. nothing seems to get it unstuck. Any suggestions ?

Thanks!

Luis A.

Posted 1386146024
Downgrading to 1.0.24 is a workaround. Something must be flaky in the symlink fix in 1.0.25.

Luis P.

Posted 1386151743
Hi Luis.

Please send your logs to support@insynchq.com for investigation. Click on the tray icon -> Support -> Locate logs -> Send the files logs.db and out.txt. You can compress them before sending to save space. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.