Start a new discussion

Title

Category

SupportForums

← All Discussions

New Insync version: 1.0.21

Tom Y.

Posted 1378954224
So I manually downloaded and installed the insync_1.0.21_amd64.deb package on my system. I'm running Linux Mint Debian version.
When I do an apt-get update/upgrade I get:

The following packages will be upgraded:
insync

and then:

Preparing to replace insync 1.0.21 (using .../insync_1.0.21_amd64.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement insync

(so it appears to be upgrading to the same version I already have)

However when the install process is done, isync doesn't start. If I try to start it with:

$ /usr/bin/insync
./insync: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./insync)
./insync: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./insync)
./insync: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /usr/lib/insync/libssl.so.1.0.0)
./insync: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /usr/lib/insync/libcrypto.so.1.0.0)

But if I go back and just do dpkg -i insync_1.0.21_amd64.deb (the package I originally downloaded) it reinstalls and then works fine.

So I'm not sure what's going on. I was running the beta version until about a month ago and then I paid for the product and went to the 1.0 release.

Thanks.....

Luis P.

Posted 1378954744
Hi Tom.

What installer did you download, the one for Ubuntu or the one for Debian?

Also, could you paste here the contents of the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/insync.list? Thanks.

Tom Y.

Posted 1379035018
Luis,
I believe I downloaded the one for Debian, but I'm not 100% sure (about 95%).

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/insync.list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-stable/ubuntu precise main
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/nilarimogard/webupd8/ubuntu precise main

Tom

Luis P.

Posted 1379046707
Hi Tom.

I see. When I tested it I got the same error when I used the installer for Ubuntu; the one for Debian worked fine.

Your APT entry for Insync is not in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/insync.list though. I was assuming that you were using one for Ubuntu which caused the error you encountered. Please try looking for the APT entry for Insync and edit it to use one for Debian, e.g., "deb http://apt.insynchq.com/debian wheezy non-free", then retry. Thanks.

Tom Y.

Posted 1379462719
(sorry about the delayed response)

That seemed to work. I just did another update and it upgraded to insync_1.0.22_amd64.deb without any issues.

However I did get the following error during the apt-get install of the package:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "__main__insync__.py", line 116, in ipc_insync
File "socket.py", line 224, in meth
error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

But it's still running.

Tom

Luis P.

Posted 1379483304
Hi Tom.

I see. What version of Insync is running now? You can confirm this by clicking on the tray icon -> Support. The version is at the bottom.

Tom Y.

Posted 1379800981
Luis,
It says 1.0.22.

Tom

Luis P.

Posted 1379925009
Hi Tom.

Are you still having issues?